Friday, September 5, 2008

100 Things About Me (Part 1 of ?)

Because it seems everyone else is doing it; and no, I wouldn't jump off a bridge if everyone else is doing it.

  1. I took 3 years of German, 3 years of French, and a semester of Spanish in high school.
  2. I took German because, well I don't know why initially. But I liked the fact I was learning the language of the vast majority of my ancestors. It also gave me an opportunity to go to Germany for 3 weeks; the first time I ever left the US.
  3. I took French because I dreamed of living in Montreal or elsewhere in Quebec.
  4. I'm not sure why I took Spanish; it was a conversation & culture course anyways.
  5. I added my French major after getting my first bachelor's in order to communicate with my in-laws.
  6. My initial degree was in anthropology.
  7. I [HEART] fantasy sports. I usually have at least one baseball team, a few football teams, and as many as I can get of hockey teams. I tried basketball once and absolutely suck at it. My co-worker got me started on fantasy sports. Now I'm obsessed with them (usually because I end up doing better than he).
  8. Magazines I read: Real Simple, Vegetarian Times, Runner's World, any hockey magazine I can get my hands on.
  9. I work in a bookstore.
  10. Favorite authors: Sherman Alexie, Joy Harjo, Louise Erdrich, Simon Winchester, Tolkien, Willa Cather.
  11. Favorite book themes/topics: anthropology, history of the world through the lens of a single item & idea, interesting travel narratives, natural disaster histories, the prairie.
  12. Favorite cookbooks: anything by Rick Bayless, Bittman's How to Cook Everything, and most of the Moosewood cookbooks.
  13. I'm currently reading the Star Wars novels in storyline chronological order.
  14. In terms of reading, I have obsessions that would last a week or two but fade away. Like once I tried to read all the Shakespeare plays in alphabetical order, but never finished.
  15. I [HEART] watching Monk & Psych.
  16. I'm totally obsessed with weather. I started college in meteorology but switched out because I sucked at chemistry. If I am able to (but I can't because we have the cheapest part of cable), I would watch the Weather Channel obsessively.
  17. I [HEART] Fanta.
  18. I lived in Indiana all my life.
  19. I never been to an NHL game before.
  20. I used to go to the Indianapolis Ice games when they were in the old IHL.
  21. I do plan on going to the first Jackets preseason game (in Chicago) in a few weeks.
  22. I am really hoping to go to the regular season home opener of the Jackets next month. It will be my first time in Columbus (not driving through).
  23. Been to Cincinnati once. Went to the art museum on top of the hill. That park area was really beautiful.
  24. I went to New Jersey once and will never go back.
  25. I have never been to NYC or California, and I have no desire of going there.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hey, I just discovered you're blog, I don't know how I missed it!! Keep up the great work :)