Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Passings

First, of to the right is my tribute to the two passings in the hockey world, one a little late, one very recent: John H. McConnell, who brought the Jackets to Columbus, and Rangers prospect Alexei Cherepanov. They will be dearly missed.

I read about Alexei Cherepanov yesterday online, but it didn't really hit me till I was driving to the library after work and listening to Hockey Night in Canada Radio, and Jeff Marek & Cassie Campbell plus their guests were talking about it. I typically do not show emotion & rarely cry, but I felt the tears welling up while I was driving. But I held it back. Even writing this I am on the verge. Nineteen is so young. My sympathies go to his family, friends, and teammates, especially Jaromir Jagr, who seemed to have taken Alexei under his wing.

No comments: