Friday, October 17, 2008

Next time, Columbus

So, I made my final decision. After a restless night's sleep, worry, internal debates, I've decided it's better for me to stay home and listen to the game online than to make the 4 hour both ways trek to see the game. I had thought buying the ticket would finalize my decision, but it did not. So what happened to the days I bravely traveled alone to Minnesota & South Dakota?

Marriage. It's not that he wouldn't let me go if he was here. I think he would, considering the sacrifices I make to get him to his heavy metal concerts. It's the fact he is so far away right now, and if something were to happen to me, he would have no way of knowing, and I could never forgive myself for something like that.

That, and I realized I don't have as much money as I thought I did (and I know it would probably take two tanks of gas for this whole trip). And considering I would get home around 2am and I have to go to work at 1pm, I want to make sure I am still awake by the time I close up shop at 9pm, because a Saturday night in a college town working in the same block as the bars.....not fun. I need to be fully alert to fight off any drunken dude that comes near me :)

I have no qualms about driving the hour to Indianapolis, obviously (since I am planning to go after I eat breakfast), because it's not a strange town, I know where to avoid and usually hit my usual haunts. So it's also a comfort level there.

Anyways, I'll be wearing my Leclaire jersey today (gotta support the team!) and will tune in to 1460 The Fan online tonight and following the boxscore through CBSSports.com. For those going, enjoy yourselves, have fun, be safe and get on the Preds nerves. I'll be doing my screaming at home (because it's not as bad as the neighbor downstairs who plays that old Nelson song, "More Than Words" obsessively & loud.)

No comments: