Saturday, July 19, 2008

Poll: Which Blue Jackets, Blackhawks, and Indiana Ice games should I go see?

EDITED: Post your answers in the polls to the right for each team.

I narrowed it down to games which are feasible for me to go see from late September to mid-October (while my other half is away visiting family). Considerations I made in narrowing it down are the following:

  • Is it a Monday-Thursday game or Friday-Sunday game?

  • What time is the game?

  • Do I have time to drive there (if working that night) and get home at a decent hour?

  • Can I afford it?

  • How much vacation time will I have?

  • Chicago is a 2 hour drive; Indianapolis is 1 hour, and Columbus is 4 hours

  • I am on Eastern Time, Chicago is on Central Time

  • I work 9-5pm, M-F

  • I can afford more Indiana Ice (USHL, junior hockey) games than NHL games (or at least can afford better seats at Indy)

  • At least one game in Chicago, one game in Columbus, maybe one game where Chicago & Columbus are playing against each other, and maybe 2-3 games in Indianapolis


So, the game choices are:

  • Pre-Season Games

    • Columbus @ Chicago, Tuesday, September 23, 8:30 pm ET (I will probably be in Chicago that day anyways)

    • Minnesota @ Chicago, Friday, September 26, 8:30 pm ET

    • Nashville @ Columbus, Friday, September 26, 7pm ET

    • Dallas @ Chicago, Sunday, September 28, 7pm ET

    • Buffalo @ Columbus, Thursday, October 2, 7pm ET

    • Colorado @ Chicago, Sunday, October 5, 7pm

    • Toronto @ Columbus, Sunday, October 5, 5pm



  • Regular Season Games

    • Nashville @ Chicago, Monday, October 13, 8:30 pm

    • Nashville @ Columbus, Friday, October 17, 7pm

    • Vancouver @ Chicago, Sunday, October 19, 7pm



  • Indiana Ice Games (all games at 7:30 pm)

    • Cedar Rapids @ Indy, Saturday, October 4

    • Fargo @ Indy, Friday, October 10

    • Fargo @ Indy, Saturday, October 11

    • Waterloo @ Indy, Friday, October 17

    • Des Moines @ Indy, Saturday, October 18



No comments: